Begin with resources from the following web site: https://www.uscis.gov/n-400
This site provides the N-400, Application for Naturalization and other forms
- Form N-400: Use with Adobe Reader using the link to the right (PDF, 915 KB)
- Instructions for Form N-400 (PDF, 260 KB)
- Document Checklist, Current Fees, Naturalization Eligibility Worksheet (PDF, 495 KB)
- Naturalization Requirements Information (PDF, 173 KB)
- Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance (PDF, 240 KB)
Three additional links will help to prepare for questions during the naturalization interview. The text from these links is below.
What To Expect at Your Naturalization Interview
- You will meet with a USCIS [United States Citizenship and Immigration Services] officer and answer questions about your Form N-400.
- You will take the English and Civics Tests (unless exempt).
- USCIS will provide you with a notice of interview results following your interview.
Note: In some cases, the USCIS officer will not be able to make a decision on your Form N-400 the day of your naturalization interview. In those cases, the USCIS officer will continue your case. This may include a request for you to provide additional evidence or require a second interview.